house itself is a magnificent Georgian property built in
1805 as a private residence for the Welbe - Everard
family. It was occupied by them until 1956 when it was
purchased by Lincoln County Council who extended it and
turned it into a school. It continued in this way until
1989 when it was purchased by the present owners, who
refurbished and converted the house into the care home
it is today. In 1999 further extensions were added.
The grounds are delightful with extensive lawns to the
front and rear of the house. There is a very large
ornamental pond, Japanese garden, summer house and an
assortment of mature trees all around the property
enhancing the quiet and calmness of the house and
The grounds provide an excellent opportunity for our
residents and visitors to stroll amongst the beautiful
trees and shrubs and to relax in our traditional summer
Gosberton House is registered to provide day,
short & long term, respite & convalescent, palliative &
terminally ill care including 24 hour nursing for 47
residents aged 50 years and older.
There are various rooms available comprising of
singles, twin bed companion rooms for those who wish
to share and en suite facilities. All rooms comply
with regulation sizes and are maintained to a high
standard ensuring residents comfort. They are all
light and spacious and complete with TV point, phone
point and full nurse call – safety bells.
We also have a variety of communal areas comprising
of lounges and dining areas as well as a sun
The house is fully
central heated and has a lift.
All bathrooms are fully equipped and include
wheelchair access and supports.
Gosberton House has been awarded
"excellent" by Lincolnshire National
Health Service in the domains of
"Residents Safety", "Clinical
effectiveness" and "Resident